Classes may be in Pocahontas and/or Paragould. The instructor will instruct and facilitate student learning in the areas of Chemistry and Physical Science; advise students; assess student learning; participate in faculty committees; and maintain a commitment to student recruitment and retention. Summer employment and overload hours are possible. This is a typical full-time nine (9) month position but will begin in the Spring 2024 term to complete the 2023-24 Academic Year. Renewal of contracts for full-time faculty occur at the end of the spring term, based on performance evaluation.
The College is committed to a quality work environment and experience by providing the following benefits in addition to compensation:
- COLA and/or bonuses are provided whenever fiscally responsible
- Six hours of sick leave monthly after fulfilling all work hours in a pay period
- Eight hours per calendar year of education leave
- A portion of health insurance premium paid by BRTC
- $20,000 life insurance policy with premium paid by BRTC
- 14% minimum retirement contribution from BRTC each pay period
- Tuition Waiver for Employee and dependents to BRTC
The applicant must have a minimum of a Master’s Degree with eighteen graduate hours in Chemistry, Physical Science, or a closely related field with demonstrated ability to teach at the college level.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To be considered for this position, applicants should send a cover letter, resume, copies of transcripts, State application and three references to:
Black River Technical College
Julie Edington, Executive Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 468
Pocahontas, AR 72455
Telephone (870) 248-4000, Ext. 4032
BRTC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
BRTC is a Tobacco Free Campus