Black River Technical College is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time Campus Police Officer position on the Paragould Campus. Must be 21 years of age or older, possess a high school diploma or equivalent, be a U.S. citizen, have no felony convictions. Applicants will be required to meet these state requirements, pass a physical agility test, written test, drug screen, polygraph, medical and psychological examinations, and an intensive background investigation. The position will be hired to be present primarily during late afternoon and early evening hours, but also occasional Saturday classes or special events. Therefore, the hours and times may fluctuate on a semester-by-semester basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Maintains security of assigned areas and enforces parking regulations; issues traffic and parking citations; investigates incidents and reported crimes; prepares official reports of accidents and criminal investigations; and checks buildings for unlocked doors or unlocks doors in emergency situations, and responds to security companies when alarms are triggered after hours. This position will be required to work evenings and weekends.
The College is committed to a quality work environment and experience by providing the following benefits in addition to compensation:
- COLA and/or bonuses are provided whenever fiscally responsible
- Eight hours of sick leave monthly after fulfilling all work hours in a pay period
- Eight hours of vacation leave monthly after fulfilling all work hours in a pay period
- Vacation leave increases according to years of service schedule
- Eight hours per calendar year of education leave
- A portion of health insurance premium paid by BRTC
- $20,000 life insurance policy with premium paid by BRTC
- 14% minimum retirement contribution from BRTC each pay period
- 11 paid State Holidays per calendar year if employed full time during the date of those Holidays
- Tuition Waiver for Employee and dependents to BRTC
The formal education equivalent of Associate Degree plus two years of experience in law enforcement or related areas, or expectation to attend and graduate from the BRTC Law Enforcement Training Academy (LETA) within the allocated time frame as outlined by standards. The person obtaining this position will receive this training as paid training and no cost to the individual. They must also agree to 12-9-209 Reimbursement for Training Costs or Expenses contract for (18) months after completion of the training requiring a certificate of training from a law enforcement academy. Other job-related experience may be substituted for all or part of these requirements.
Must be or become certified by BRTC Law Enforcement Training Academy (LETA) as a Certified Police Officer, and must possess a valid state motor vehicle operator’s license.
Applications will be taken until November 7, 2023, or until filled. Anticipated start date is December 2023 or January 2024.
To be considered for this position, please send a cover letter, resume, State application, copies of transcripts, and three references to:
BLACK RIVER TECHNICAL COLLEGE
Julie Edington, Executive Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 468
Pocahontas, AR 72455
Telephone (870) 248-4032
BRTC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
BRTC is a Tobacco Free Campus