The Director of Student Career Readiness is funded through a Federal Title III Strengthening Institutions Grant for five years and will implement a robust career readiness and job placement program for BRTC students. The “DSCR” will report to the Vice President of Student Affairs. This position will be located on the Pocahontas campus. The annual salary for this position will be $55,000.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Self-Assessment and Interest Surveys
- Conduct interest surveys with the BRTC student body.
- Lunch and Learn Series
- Conduct Lunch and Learn Series where business leaders meet with interested students over lunch to discuss their particular career field.
- Business and Industry Exploration Trips
- Conduct business and or industry trips to businesses or industry sites each semester.
- Career and Major Exploration Fairs / Workshops
- Conduct career and major exploration fair/workshops.
- Classroom Presentations
- The DSCR will conduct classroom presentations on the BRTC campus to current students per semester advertising the services of the DSCR.
- Intern Management
- The DSCR will manage all internships for BRTC.
Career Placement Readiness
- Mock interviews
- The DSCR will conduct mock interviews for students to prepare them for upcoming interviews.
- Etiquette dinners
- The DSCR will arrange one etiquette lunch or dinner per campus (Pocahontas and Paragould) per semester.
- Dress for Success Workshops
- Conduct Dress for Success Workshops
- Professional Business Clothing Store Discount Management
- The DSCR will work with local clothing retail stores to obtain discounts and advertise those discounts to students for professional clothing options.
- Resume Workshops
- The DSCR will conduct resume workshops on all BRTC campuses semester per campuses
- Social Media Responsibility Training
- The DSCR will conduct social media responsibility trainings each semester
- Job Application Support
- The DSCR will help students fill out job applications if requested by students seeking employment.
Career Placement Services
- Career Fairs
- DSCR will conduct a job fair each semester.
- On Campus Career Recruitment
- DSCR will bring individual businesses to campus to recruit for open positions.
- Current Job Opening website advertisements
- DSCR will post job advertisements on the BRTC student portal.
Workforce Readiness Skills Development
- LinkedIn support
- DSCR will help students strengthen their linkedIn profiles.
- Career Readiness Certifications
- DSCR will help students obtain job readiness certifications
- ACT WorkKeys Assessments
- DSCR will offer ACT WorkKeys Assessments to help students obtain non-academic certifications.
- Coordination of non-credit workforce development classes with for-credit student body
- DSCR will assist students in exploring BRTC non-credit workforce development courses that will make the student more marketable to business and industry for future employment.
Data Tracking and Analysis
- Graduate Surveys
- DSCR will conduct surveys with graduates at the six and twelve month mark for data tracking purposes.
The College is committed to a quality work environment and experience by providing the following benefits in addition to compensation:
- COLA and/or bonuses are provided whenever fiscally responsible
- Eight hours of sick leave monthly after fulfilling all work hours in a pay period
- Eight hours of vacation leave monthly after fulfilling all work hours in a pay period
- Vacation leave increases according to years of service schedule
- Eight hours per calendar year of education leave
- A portion of health insurance premium paid by BRTC
- $20,000 life insurance policy with premium paid by BRTC
- 14% minimum retirement contribution from BRTC each pay period
- 11 paid State Holidays per calendar year if employed full time during the date of those Holidays
- Tuition Waiver for Employee and dependents to BRTC
- The formal education equivalent of a Baccalaureate degree is required. Master’s degree preferred. Knowledge and experience working with diverse student populations, teaching, data tracking, event planning, supervising student field trips, administering student assessments and career placement mentoring preferred.
- Other job-related education and/or experience may be substituted for all or part of these basic requirements.
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. For first round consideration, applicants should have all documents submitted by November 24th.
To be considered for this position, applicants should send a cover letter, resume, copies of transcripts, State application and three references to:
Black River Technical College
Julie Edington, Executive Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 468
Pocahontas, AR 72455
Telephone (870) 248-4000, Ext. 4032
BRTC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
BRTC is a Tobacco Free Campus