Enrollment for Criminal Justice Program

Degree-Seeking Students

Students interested in taking Freshman English (ENG 1003) for credit toward a degree or certificate must complete the following and submit to BRTC.

Access the Tuition and Fees page for the most recent amounts.

[accordions initialAccordion=\”0\”] [accordion title=\”1.  Complete and submit a BRTC Application Form\”]

If you have never attended BRTC or have not attended BRTC in the last five years, obtain an application online or by calling the admission office at (870) 248-4000, Extension(s) 4011, 4014, or 4017. Completed applications can be submitted online, brought into BRTC\’s Admission\’s Office or mailed to the following:

Black River Technical College
Attn: Admissions
P.O. Box 468
Pocahontas, AR 72455

You cannot register for classes until all paperwork has been submitted and approved.

[/accordion] [accordion title=\”2.  Submit a copy of your Current Driver\’s License\”] [/accordion] [accordion title=\”3.  Submit official copies of your High School Records or GED Scores\”]

Have your high school submit an official copy of your high school transcript (with an official signature, school seal, and graduation date) or a copy of your GED scores to BRTC. You may also bring your records/scores to BRTC in a sealed envelope.

If you have eighteen or more college hours from an accredited institution of higher learning, it is not necessary to submit a high school transcript.

[/accordion] [accordion title=\”4.  Submit official copies of all College Transcripts\”]

Submit an official copy of transcripts from all colleges previously attended.

Transcripts must be brought into BRTC in a sealed envelope or mailed directly from the transferring institution to

Black River Technical College
Attn: Registrar\’s Office
P.O. Box 468
Pocahontas, AR 72455

[/accordion] [accordion title=\”5.  Submit Test Scores\”]

Submit ACT, SAT, or ASSET scores to BRTC for placement into Freshman English OR submit proof of 30+ hours from another postsecondary institution OR submit proof of compliance with state remediation laws if you have earned fewer than 30 credit hours at an accredited college or university.

These tests will determine whether you need to take developmental math, English, or reading courses. If you have not taken one of the above tests, you may take the ACT or ASSET at BRTC. The Freshman Assessment and Placement (PDF) document identifies the scores needed on the exams to bypass developmental courses.

[/accordion] [accordion title=\”6.  Submit Immunization Records\”]

Provide proof of immunization, indicating month and year, for Measles, Rubella, and an MMR Booster.

These immunizations are not mandatory for students taking courses for enrichment.

[/accordion] [/accordions]

Non-Degree Students

Non-degree students must meet the same course prerequisites as other students and may not enroll in math or English courses without testing.

Submission Information:

Submit materials to:

Black River Technical College
Attn:  Student Affairs
1410 Hwy 304 East
Pocahontas, Arkansas  72455

(870) 248-4000
Fax:  (870) 248-4100

For More Information

  • About enrolling in the college and the course, contact Kimberly Bigger at (870) 248-4000, Extension 4015.
    You may also call BRTC at (870) 248-4000 and speak with the secretary at extension 0.
  • About the Law Enforcement Training Academy, contact Bridgette Rose, Administrative Assistant, at (870) 248-4000 x 4190.
  • About the Freshman English I course, contact Courtney Clements, Instructor of English and Literature, at (870) 248-4000 x 4135.