Black River Technical College is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Administrative Specialist for the Office of Corporate and Community Education (CCE) on the Paragould Campus. This is a full-time, 12-month position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Administrative Specialist for the Office of Corporate and Community Education works under the direct supervision of the Executive Director for Paragould Operations and is responsible for typing, and providing clerical support associated with daily business operations. Additionally, the Administrative Specialist: 1.) Creates class files as necessary. 2.) The Administrative Specialist will also enter financial information into QuickBooks and run reports as needed. 3.) Provide weekly updates regarding student scholarship applications and payments 4.) Other responsibilities include updating and maintaining the class files, student database, and creating new forms as necessary. There will be a variety of additional duties not previously listed which occur during the academic year.
The College is committed to a quality work environment and experience by providing the following benefits in addition to compensation:
- COLA and/or bonuses are provided whenever fiscally responsible
- Eight hours of sick leave monthly after fulfilling all work hours in a pay period
- Eight hours of vacation leave monthly after fulfilling all work hours in a pay period
- Vacation leave increases according to years of service schedule
- Eight hours per calendar year of education leave
- A portion of health insurance premium paid by BRTC
- $20,000 life insurance policy with premium paid by BRTC
- 14% minimum retirement contribution from BRTC each pay period
- 11 paid State Holidays per calendar year if employed full time during the date of those Holidays
- Tuition Waiver for Employee and dependents to BRTC
The formal education equivalent of an Associate’s Degree is preferred plus two years of specialized training in the accounting field; plus one year of clerical experience. Excellent writing, communication, and computer skills (especially Excel) are necessary. The applicant must be committed to working in a team environment and communicate with all staff at Black River Technical College and external constituents from the community and public at large. Other job-related experience may be substituted for all or part of these requirements.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. For first round consideration applicants should have documents submitted by November 7, 2023. To be considered for the position, applicants should send a cover letter, resume, State application, and three references to:
BLACK RIVER TECHNICAL COLLEGE
Julie Edington, Executive Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 468
Pocahontas, AR, 72455
Telephone (870)248-4000 Ext. 4032
BRTC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
BRTC is a Tobacco Free Campus